Success Factors and Benefits of DevOps Adoption
DevOps has been very effective, putting more ownership and less effort from Internal IT.
There are many Success Factors and Benefits of DevOps which complement CI /CD. DevOps has been truly effective in getting high efficiency, high quality and Agility in Development and Operations.
The core Success Factors of DevOps are
- Enhance Operational Efficiency
- Agility in Delivery and Operations
Enhance Operational Efficiency
- Rapid Build and Continuous Integration – Every developer check-out the codes, do the coding and get unit tested before getting build with other ready components. This overcomes the incompatibility issues and does the continuous integration
- Target bug efficiently and take re-build in lesser time – Intelligent auto build and test processes
- Automated Reporting on Success and failure
- Feedback loop on new deployment – Notification to developers on every stages for success and failure
- Automated Integration and Regression Testing – Robust automated testing to ensure the high quality of code
- Near to zero defect leakage to Production
Agility in Delivery and Operations
- Continuous Integration, Deployment, Testing – AGILITY in every step.
- Automated Execution – Minimal manual intervention and quick deployment and testing
What are the outcomes of DevOps?
Outcomes of DevOps are –
- Continuous Integration – Ready Integrated changes for deployment and testing
- Continuous Delivery – Ready Integrated Features
- Velocity and Scalability – Faster to the Market
- Automation – Automated build, deployment and Testing
Benefits of DevOps :
There are many benefits of adopting DevOps culture like :
- Improved Customer Experience and satisfaction by responding to changing market and customer demand
- Faster time to Production with increased velocity of at least 30%
- Continuous feedback and monitoring for first time right feature in production
- With faster release to production and continuous incorporation of user feedback businesses can maintain a competitive advantage in market competition
- Transition to DevOps and automation of the entire change lifecycle from build to run as a single integrated end-to-end process should minimize the risk of introduced changes while accelerating pace of changes
- Fast reaction time, better digital reflection when it comes to meeting new market demands, eliminating barriers to customer conversion, reacting to security threats
- Survival in Market – DevOps helps in innovate faster than competitors as quickly as DevOps allows.
- Save time and money by focusing on performance throughout the lifecycle
- Accelerated revenue growth with the use of optimized technology which can meet the multiple needs
- Less turnaround time to roll-out new feature
- Increase productivity and strong collaboration among various teams
Find out more here about DevOps tools and Flow.
Wish you the best & Happy Reading!