Golden Tips of Positive Parenting & How to Deal with Temper Tantrums Effectively
If you are reading this article, I am sure you love your kids so much and want to do everything which can help them grow in a positive way and help them reach heights. Raising kids is not an easy task, it is most difficult and lovely job in this planet.
So, what is Parenting?
It’s a process of taking care of children from their birth to adulthood. You must have heard ‘You will always harvest what you plant’. This statement is very much true about Parenting. It’s like given the structure of which type outcome you want.
Parenting is supporting children social, emotional, physical, financial and intellectual development and help them learn and grow in a positive environment.
Golden Tips of Parenting
- Love is the main Ingredient of Parenting, but be sure your too much love is not spoiling their future.
- Parenting should be balanced with love and discipline.
- Stand beside your children and walk with them as much as possible.
- Force or Punishment is not the right way to handle or force discipline on children. They may become indiscipline if treated with force or Punishment.
- Instead of scolding, you should explain them your likes and dislikes in proper manner.
- Appreciate them for their good behavior.
- Respect Their feelings if you want them to respect yours.
- Kids Learn from their Parents. The way you respect them, same you will get in return.
- Do not over pampering Your Children.
- Excessive fulfillment of their demands may damage their future growth.
- Do not teach them just become what you want them to be because kids absorb everything from parents.
- Always transfer the positive emotion of happiness and joy to your children not your tension and anxiety.
- Appreciate every creative effort of your child. Appreciation is like the magic. It will inspire them to do any good things.
- Nurture your child traditional values. It will strengthen their root.
- Always praise them for good behavior, it is more effective then scolding them for behaving badly.
- Instead of telling them how to do, just tell them what to do and let them find their own method of doing it.
- Teach your children about all the colors of life but let them paint the canvas of their life on their own.
- Give your Children positive attitude, it will help them to see hope in darkness.
- Understand the children point of view, it will help you to guide them.
- Teach your child to establish boundaries in friendship, it will help them to take right decision when their friends may pressurize them into doing things they should not.
What is Temper Tantrums? How to deal with Temper Tantrums?
Tantrum is sudden, unplanned display of anger or other emotion. Temper Tantrum range from crying, head banging, screaming, breath holding, hitting and kicking etc. Anyone can have temper tantrum but it is very common in ages 2-4 years. Child shows this behavior to get your attention and reaction from you.
Kids shows Temper Tantrum when their overly tired and hungry or uncomfortable. For example, a child may get upset when he/she is told its time for bath or bed and he/she doesn’t want to go for bath or to bed.
Child becomes over tired more easily in busy public spaces like super market or mall and throw tantrum to get your attention. Kid’s Tantrum is way of showing his/ her frustration when he/she is not getting what he/she wants.
At this time,
- you should engage your child in other activities before he/she reaches the point of losing control. Try to avoid Tantrum peak situation.
- Distract your child, talk about something fun that is going to happen next day.
- Engage your child in something he/she already knows how to do.
- Sometime your kid just needs to get his/her anger out. Give your child some space so let him.
- Give him a big and firm hug, not a super cuddly one without saying a word.
- Hugs make kids feel secure and let him know that you care about him even you don’t agree with his/her behavior.
- Give your kid some choices like do you want this or that.
- Consider your child request carefully when your child wants something.
- Try to understand child’s limit if you know your child is tired it’s not the best time to go for shopping.
- You should handle your child tantrum differently. It depends on this situation why your child is upset. Sometime you need to provide comfort; sometime you need to distract your child with a new activity. When he is hungry or tired, giving snacks or a good nap works great.
Wish you the best and Happy Parenting!
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. thearsana.com makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.